The York Region District School Board will once again be offering a Grade 6, 7 & 8 Summer School program. This 17 day program is designed to reinforce curriculum. Students must register in the program for their current school grade as this is not an acceleration program. For example, a grade 7 student would register for the grade 7 program as it reinforces grade 7 content.
The program will operate from July 2 to July 24, 2020 (8:45 am - 3:25 pm). Please note that Keswick H.S. times are 8:45 am - 3:33 pm. A typical day has Language and Numeracy instruction in the morning with Arts based programming in the afternoon. There are both lunch and recess breaks during the day. Students will need to bring a lunch, snacks and plenty to drink each day.
The following programs will be offered:
- Language and Math reinforcement for students who do not have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or an English Language Learner (ELL) designation.
- Language and Math reinforcement for students with an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- English Language Learner (ELL) Language for students who are ELL Stage 1 or 2 learners. The focus is on reading, writing and speaking.
- Bayview S.S. (Richmond Hill)
- Bur Oak S.S. (Markham)
- Emily Carr S.S. (Woodbridge)
- Keswick H.S. (Keswick)
- Markville SS (Markham)
- Newmarket H.S. (Newmarket)
Registration is now open and closes June 2, 2020:
- Complete the registration form or obtain one from Continuing Education Services, Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre for Learning (36 Regatta Avenue, Richmond Hill).
- The form must be signed by the student's day school principal.
- Students must include a copy of their IEP and most recent report card.
- Once our board re-opens on May 4, forms can be dropped off Monday through Friday at the Continuing Education Services office from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Alternatively, forms can be scanned and emailed to [email protected].
For bussing area service for each Summer School see the Elementary Summer School Boundaries map.
At the end of May, the bus schedule/route information will be placed under the Summer School tab on the School Bus City website. All schools are listed as Summer School - "the school name" - Gr 6/7/8. Check the website prior to the start of Summer School for up to date schedule/route information.
You do not have to register your child with the bus company; just ensure that they are at the bus loading area of the school several minutes prior to the listed departure time.
Please contact your YRDSB day school or email us at [email protected] with Elementary Summer School in the subject line.